Before “fintech” was a thing, our founders were dreaming up new ways to transform banking, simplifying the customer journey and the employee experience. More than 25+ years later Sandstone Technology is still leading the charge, innovating and evolving as the industry evolves. Our high client retention rate is our proudest achievement with 35+ financial institutions across Australia, New Zealand, Asia and the United Kingdom placing their trust in our solutions.
From digital banking and digital onboarding to origination and AI-based data analysis, with cloud-based or on-premise deployment, we create flexible, robust, end-to-end solutions using a multi-channel approach that gets our clients to market faster.
We are currently looking for a Product Manager to help spearhead our automated solution and bring their passion and drive to the Origination AI & Machine Learning division. Reporting directly into the Head of Product, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing a small team of product engineers, with the goal of driving product development that will create new capabilities for our teams and richer experiences for our customers and partners.
The ideal candidate will have well-versed knowledge of the industry and local financial market regulations with specific interest in the lending sphere. These insights will be critical in determining positioning and the future state of our products and solutions.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of Sandstone’s suite of Origination products (for both Digital and Back-office products)
- Work closely with the Head of Product to create alignment between the product strategy and overall deliverables of the business, and set both short- and long-term goals and objectives
- Feed into and aid in the development of the overall product strategy for the Origination, AI & ML team
- Establish and measure key success metrics and deliverables for product development, including regular reporting against objectives
- Successfully manage the product engineering team including clear communication of the overall objectives & priorities and driving a sense of purpose
- Liaise and collaborate with other heads of business including Head of Client Advisory, Project Managers, Product Manager for AI & ML and the sales and marketing teams
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the of the market and identify future technology and / or product initiatives that can be fed into the strategy
- Analyse potential partner relationships for the product and lead the effort in integrating our solutions with leading industry systems, while working closely with the partnership engagement team
- Collect and analyse feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and products
- Propose a product plan and budget and then deliver against it
- 4+ years previous product management experience in banking and finance with specific attention given to the lending and origination space
- Proven track record of managing Digital Product Roadmaps, and incremental Customer, Business and Technology benefits
- Initiative and drive; continuously looking to improve processes and deliver against agreed objectives, solutions-focused approach to problem solving
- Multi-tasking experience in a fast-paced environment, completing work tasks with speed and accuracy in a detailed work environment
- Excellent organisational skills including ability to manage time and prioritise effectively
- Proven track record of leadership and management across teams
- A strong team player with an excellent attitude and professional character
- In-depth knowledge of Agile methodology for product development
- Strong stakeholder engagement and influencing skills; able to work collaboratively across all levels and settings of the organisation
This is an exciting opportunity to join a motivated team where you can build upon your current experience while working within a specialist environment. Sandstone Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we are open to flexibility in this role.
- Join a leading strategic digital transformation partner with over 35 financial institutions globally
- Career development planning and opportunities to achieve certifications such as SAFe, AWS
- Access to training resources as well as a personal budget and allocated time off for additional training of your choice
- Flexibility and work/life balance
- Fantastic team culture and social activities, weekly volleyball throughout the year (when possible)
A competitive salary and additional benefits are on offer for the successful candidate. If this sounds like the next step in your career, please apply today!