Architect | Melbourne
Sandstone Technology is a leading and rapidly growing Australian Fintech company. Sandstone develops and deploys world class customer onboarding and product origination solutions, as well as digital banking solutions such as internet banking, mobile banking and personal financial management products to more than 30 financial institutions globally.
Currently we’re on the lookout for an experienced Technical Architect to join the dedicated team for one of our biggest clients, one of the Big Four Banks. Joining the leadership team, you’ll take ownership of overall architectural and technological integrity of Sandstone systems deployed in the bank, through sound architectural and design principles and best practice development processes.
- Own all aspects of system and deployment architecture
- Define architectural and design guidelines and best practice
- Ensure Technical designs are produced for all implementation projects and review, to ensure they address security, performance and architectural design best practice
- Take ownership of performance and volume testing planning
- Work with Technical Leads to set and review standards for development processes to ensure quality deliverables, covering aspects such as unit test coverage, API and UI automated testing coverage integration testing practices etc
- Help drive continuous improvement within the team
- Ensure effective implementation of all infrastructure, integration and other requirements for all Sandstone build and test environments required to deliver planned projects
- Maintain a technology risk register and manage risks and issues, ensuing they are actioned and reported on
- Provide mentorship and support to Technical Leads and ensure required skill sets are developed and maintained
- Influence the technical direction of the client and partake in regular discussions to agree technical decisions in relation to tools and Sandstone system architecture and deployment
- Extensive experience in architecture and design of large enterprise solutions based on sound architectural principles
- Solid understanding of security, integration, deployment and performance best practice design principles
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure that published standards and design guidelines are adhered to
- Experience in building J2EE based solutions.
- Experience with software development in the Banking and/or Finance sector is an advantage
- Excellent stakeholder management and problem solving skills
At Sandstone, our people are our number one asset and we believe in providing opportunities for our people to develop and grow their careers through our training and development programs, mentoring and on the job coaching. Our employees enjoy a healthy work life balance with a number of social activities planned throughout the year, to relax and celebrate successes!
If you like the sound of this challenge and you are interested in working with us, apply now or email your CV with a cover letter telling us why you would succeed in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.