Agile | Sydney
Product Owner – Digital Acquisition (software)
About the Role
Sandstone Technology is an innovative, fast-growing Australian-owned Fintech and we are looking for a talented, passionate and self-directed Agile Product Owner to join our Digital Acquisition team. This is a key role where you will assume overall responsibility and accountability for Sandstone’s Digital Acquisition product suite, to ensure it meets the customer’s expectation, is deployed successfully and that the product is successful in the marketplace.
- Ensure Sandstone Digital Acquisition Product suite’s Strategy and Vision is adhered to
- Assist the GM to provide direction of the Digital Acquisition product suite to align with global market trends and prospective client’s RFI / RFP etc.
- Lead a small functional team of Business Analysts (Manila & Sydney)
- Conduct Product Impact Analysis by reviewing customer’s Change Request / requirements
- Conduct market research on best practice, new functionalities and features
- Drive focus on User Experience and Design throughout the product life-cycle
- Provide direction to the development team to ensure that function built into product reflects market requirements
- Work with the Product Development team to prototype new product features
- Work with the Product Management Team to: Establish and execute a product roadmap, prepare sales collateral (product overviews, presentations, demos, etc), respond to RFI / RFP and identify opportunities to develop components that can be sold separately
- Influence product investment to ensure best outcomes for Sandstone and the customer
- Identify and resolve opportunities to undertake custom developments for the customer
- Work with customers to understand their customisation requirement to decide what should be added to the product
- Present at conferences (eg Sandstone customer conference) and product demos to prospective customers
- Continuously work on improving knowledge of Sandstone business, products and process
- Manage Stakeholder expectations and regularly review opportunities in new segments/products
- Coach and mentor delivery teams in Agile methodology
To be successful in this role you will have:
- In-depth knowledge of retail banking processes
- Relevant IT product owner or related experience, preferably in financial services.
- Worked on multiple and large project groups with exceptional stakeholder management experience.
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills
- Sound business acumen
- Excellent customer facing skills – strong presentation, written & verbal communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to travel within Australia and internationally for short durations
On offer is an attractive remuneration package for the successful candidate.
At Sandstone, our people are our number one asset and we believe in providing opportunities for our people to develop and grow their careers through our training and development programs, mentoring and on the job coaching. Our employees enjoy a healthy work life balance with a number of social activities planned throughout the year, to relax and celebrate successes!
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.