Legal | Sydney
Legal Counsel (Part-time 3-4 days a week)
About the Role
This is a great opportunity for an energetic, experienced and hands-on Legal Counsel to join a secure, long-established and growing Fintech, with a blue-chip banking customer base.
Reporting to the CFO and based in North Sydney, this is a newly created part-time role covering the Australian and NZ businesses. The successful candidate will work closely with the sales team, shared services and the business units in order to:
- Provide expert legal advice and management of complex commercial and regulatory requirements of customers
- Act as a trusted advisor in helping to structure contractual arrangements with customers to manage risk, whilst satisfying customer requirements and maximising company returns
- Establish and negotiate pre-contractual arrangements with customers and partners (e.g., NDA’s, teaming/mobilisation agreements, POC agreements).
- Review and contribute to supply agreements, plus assist with responses to proposals, whether RFI’s, RFP’s or compliance-related questionnaires
- Build and maintain strong, well documented databases, processes, internal reporting (e.g., contract status and risk reporting, internal SLA tracking) and governance frameworks around contracts
- Counsel and educate the broader team of the changing legal and regulatory requirements
- Engage and managed external experts as required within agreed budgets.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Law
- Minimum 5 years post qualification experience, qualified to practice in Australia, with in-house corporate and commercial law experience
- Preferably experience working in a sector that is heavily regulated such as Fintech, technology and/or banking and financial services
- Proven track record of drafting and negotiating commercial agreements and advising on a broad range of legal, commercial and regulatory issues
- Strong technical legal skills together with demonstrated commercial judgement
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and influence effectively across all levels of the organisation
- Analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills to identify potential areas of dispute and advise and implement appropriate strategies for timely resolution.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.