Sandstone Technology is a leading Australian Fintech company and provider of award-winning Digital Origination, Banking and Lending Automation solutions. Our cutting-edge software products are implemented in more than 30 financial institutions globally, including major top tier banks. We have over 330 staff across Australia, Asia and the UK. Our business is built around our people and our shared vision of continuous innovation, building market leading products, and partnering with our valued customers to build better banking.
We currently have an opportunity for a junior level (2-3 years post admission) Legal Counsel to join the Sandstone team. Reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel, the successful candidate
will have the opportunity to work in a fast-growing industry and work on negotiating commercial and technology transactions as well as providing regulatory advice (particularly in relation to GDPR/privacy law and data security). You will be expected to provide exceptional services to Sandstone’s sales team, shared services and business units as well as general support to the Senior Legal Counsel.
- Providing sound legal advice, negotiating and drafting amendments to complex information technology, commercial and supplier contracts
- Acting as a trusted advisor in helping to structure contractual arrangements with customers to manage risk, whilst satisfying customer requirements and maximising company returns
- Assisting in the development of template legal documents
- Assisting with responses to tenders
- Advising on laws impacting the organisation including GDPR/privacy law and data security
- Assisting in building strong, well documented databases, processes, internal reporting (e.g., contract status and risk reporting, internal SLA tracking) and governance frameworks around contracts
- Tracking regulatory change that impacts the business and provide succinct summaries regarding those changes to relevant business stakeholders
- Assisting with regulatory compliance on an as needs basis
- 3 years post qualification experience, qualified to practice in Australia, with in-house information technology and commercial law experience
- Preferably experience working in a sector that is heavily regulated such as Fintech, technology and/or banking and financial services
- Proven track record of drafting and negotiating commercial and information technology contracts agreements and advising on a broad range of legal, commercial and regulatory issues
- Strong technical legal skills together with demonstrated commercial judgement
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and influence effectively across all levels of the organisation
- Analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills to identify potential areas of dispute and advise and implement appropriate strategies for timely resolution.
- Must have a desire to learn and use knowledge to improve skills.
- Must be able to both accept feedback and give feedback on legal requirements, in order to find the right outcome for Sandstone.
At Sandstone, our people are our number one asset and we believe in providing opportunities for our people to develop and grow their careers through our training and development programs, mentoring and on the job coaching. Our employees enjoy a healthy work life balance with a number of social activities planned throughout the year, to relax and celebrate successes!
If you like the sound of this challenge and are interested in working with us, apply now and attach your resume!