Junior Helpdesk / IT Support intern
Junior IT Support person required to support day to day business operations and resolve technical issues. Working in a fast paced environment, you will interact directly with our customers to provide IT service as well as support day-to-day business operations. You will take ownership of technical issues and see them through to resolution.
Key Responsibilities include:
- You will be responsible for supporting the uptime of critical systems such as Exchange, JIRA, Confluence, Stash and others
- Provide level 1 support to customers. Resolve technical issues, following best practice methodologies, across desktops, laptops, mobile devices, file and print servers
- Manage IT assets including desktops, laptops, tablets and smartphones ensuring up to date documentation
- Escalate to level 2/3 support when appropriate
- Manage conflicting priorities to ensure high quality customer service is provided to all users
- Utilise excellent customer service skills and exceed customers’ expectations
- Ensure proper documentation and closure of issues
- Excellent communication skills and a passion for customer service
- Relevant IT Qualification at TAFE or University
- Operating Systems: Workstations OS (i.e. Windows and Mac)
- Server OS: Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu), Windows Server
- Networking: basic knowledge
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skill
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of using and supporting applications such as Microsoft Office 2007/2010/2016, Internet browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox) and Cisco Remote VPN client
- Remote Support: Microsoft Remote Desktop, Citrix GoToAssist
- Knowledge of security software and best practices
- Laptop imaging: Macrium or other type
- AWS experience
Ongoing training and development plan will be provided for the successful candidate.
Sandstone Technology is one of Australia’s fastest growing technology companies, providing innovative origination and digital banking solutions to financial institutions globally. At Sandstone, our people are our number one asset and we believe in providing opportunities for our people to develop and grow their careers through our training and development programs, mentoring and on the job coaching. Our workplace is fun and energetic, complete with free food and drinks and our employees enjoy a healthy work life balance with a number of social activities planned throughout the year, to relax and celebrate successes!