IT Support | Sydney
Junior Helpdesk / IT Support Intern
About the Role
Sandstone Technology is on the lookout for a Junior IT support person to join their growing Technical Operations team. Working in a fast paced environment, you will interact directly with our customers to provide IT service as well as support day-to-day business operations. You will take ownership of technical issues and see them through to resolution.
- You will be responsible for supporting the uptime of critical systems such as Exchange, JIRA, Confluence, Stash and others
- Provide level 1 support to customers. Resolve technical issues, following best practice methodologies, across desktops, laptops, mobile devices, file and print servers
- Manage IT assets including desktops, laptops, tablets and smartphones ensuring up to date documentation
- Escalate to level 2/3 support when appropriate
- Manage conflicting priorities to ensure high quality customer service is provided to all users
- Utilise excellent customer service skills and exceed customers’ expectations
- Ensure proper documentation and closure of issues
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Excellent communication skills and a passion for customer service
- Relevant IT Qualification at TAFE or University
- Operating Systems: Workstations OS (i.e. Windows and Mac)
- Server OS: Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu), Windows Server
- Networking: basic knowledge
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of using and supporting applications such as Microsoft Office 2007/2010/2016, Internet browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox) and Cisco Remote VPN client
- Remote Support: Microsoft Remote Desktop, Citrix GoToAssist
- Knowledge of security software and best practices
- Laptop imaging: Macrium or other type
- AWS experience
Ongoing training and development plan will be provided for the successful candidate.
At Sandstone, our people are our number one asset and we believe in providing opportunities for our people to develop and grow their careers through our training and development programs, mentoring and on the job coaching. Our employees enjoy a healthy work life balance with a number of social activities planned throughout the year, to relax and celebrate successes!
All candidates considered including international students.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.