Sandstone Technology is a leading Fintech company with offices in Australia, the Philippines & United Kingdom. We provide award-winning digital origination, banking and lending automation solutions, as well as exceptional artificial intelligence & machine learning capability. With over 300 staff, we’ve implemented our cutting-edge software products in more than 40 financial institutions globally, including major international & tier one banks.
Our business is built around our people and our shared vision of continuous innovation, building market-leading products, and partnering with our valued customers to transform banking experiences.
Sandstone as a supplier of software to the financial service industry has a key requirement for a highly technical individual to assist in transforming and architecting our development and business processes to improve our competitive advantage in time-to-market, cost and time of product development and implementation.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Lead the DevOps practice, the collaboration of development and operations to provide business agility and automation
- Manage DevOps technology evaluation, selection and implementation
- Contribute to DevOps development activities and complex development tasks
- Provide technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of an issue, including the determination and provision of workaround solution or escalation to service owners
- Advise stakeholders on key business processes including release, codebase and artefact management
- Conduct analysis and review of identified technology processes and provide recommendations for improvement
- Become a DevOps advocate to our clients and help realise efficiency benefits for Sandstone and for them
- 10 + years of experience spanning at least two IT disciplines, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations
- Demonstrated ability to back decisions with research and the “why,” and articulate several options, the pros and cons for each, and a recommendation
- Experience with AWS or any cloud technology
- Strong understanding of software technology and software patterns
- Good leadership skills and ability to engage and collaborate well with identified stakeholders
- Strong passion for technology and architecturally clean solutions
- Enthusiastic learner, who enjoys keeping abreast of industry developments, trends, technology etc
- Team player with a collaborative approach and outcome focussed
- Experience with Container Orchestration (Kubernetes), Terraform or any IaC, Rancher, Sumo Logic or any logging platform - all desirable skills
- Opportunities to work on complex, mission critical enterprise solutions within mid-top tier banks
- Career development planning and opportunities to achieve certifications such as SAFe, AWS
- Access to training resources as well as a personal budget and allocated time off for additional training of your choice
- Flexibility and work/life balance
- Opportunities to work with the latest technologies such as cloud, AI/ML (depending on your interests)
- Fantastic team culture and social activities, weekly volleyball throughout the year (when possible)
- Fully stocked fridge and snack cupboards
If you like the sound of this challenge and you are interested in working with us, apply now with your CV!