Cloud Operations Manager
Sandstone Technology is a leading Australian Fintech and provider of award-winning digital origination, banking and lending automation solutions. Our cutting-edge software products are implemented in more than 40 financial institutions globally, including major top tier banks.
We have over 350 staff across Australia, Asia and the UK and our business is built around our people and our shared vision of continuous innovation, building market leading products, and partnering with our valued customers to transform banking experiences.
We have a key requirement for a highly technical and business savvy individual to work in the Sandstone Cloud Services Platform Ops squad. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing day to day operational oversight and leadership for SCS Squads, which includes the following:
- Managing the day-to-day operations of Sandstone Cloud Services platform (SCS)
- Ensure SCS platform and Sandstone infrastructure complies with company’s BCP framework
- Ensure an adequate Disaster Recovery plan is in place and tested for the identified applications and infrastructure (RTO /RPO as per applicable policies)
- Ensure the Sandstone network is secured from unauthorised access
- Own and drive incident management and response process
- Identify, engage and manage all 3rd Party Vendors & Partners owned by SCS
- Provider operational leadership to SCS Squads (Service Desk, Tech Ops and Platform Ops)
- Align cloud operational activities with the business priorities and implement changes accordingly while maintaining a high standard of quality assurance through a standards compliance process.
- People Management including training and develop plans, mentoring and coaching direct reports
- Manage zealously the Security, Privacy, Performance and Hosting budget commitments for the business
- Lead teams with focus on ITIL process and continuous improvements
- Proactively plan for future growth requirements to ensure continuity of service and successful operations of SCS Platform.
This position is expected to grow over time to incorporate additional responsibilities and opportunities as our cloud services expand into other regions.
- 8+ years of experience in IT within a medium to large sized business
- 2+ years of experience in leading IT Operations (for production critical environments)
- Experience with ITSM / ITAM or equivalent practices (e.g. ITIL Framework)
- Good understanding of AWS / Azure / GCP Cloud Platforms
- Ability to effectively facilitate meetings to obtain commitment & resolve issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication
At Sandstone, our people are our number one asset and we believe in providing opportunities for our people to develop and grow their careers through our training and development programs, mentoring and on the job coaching. Our employees enjoy a healthy work life balance with a number of social activities planned throughout the year, to relax and celebrate successes!
If you like the sound of this challenge and are interested in working with us, apply now with your up to date resume!