AUSWIDE BANK PUTS CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE FIRST
9 September, 2019 | Press Release
On Monday, 2nd September 2019, Auswide Bank launched the brand new version (Version 2) of its mobile banking app, offering a new user experience including biometric authentication (e.g. Touch and Face ID) and showcasing the latest on offer from technology partner, Sandstone Technology.
- Auswide Bank partners with Sandstone Technology to enhance mobile banking for today’s customer and position the business well for further digital advancement.
- Over 70% of Auswide Bank funds transfers are performed by internet or mobile banking.
- New biometric authentication increases ease of use
A week on from launch, Auswide Bank today announced it had partnered with Sandstone Technology, a software company providing loan origination, settlement management, internet banking, mobile banking and online financial management, to deliver a new customer-centric and fully integrated mobile banking application (app) for new and existing Auswide Bank customers.
Auswide Bank’s decision to partner with Sandstone Technology delivers an improved digital mobile experience for customers. The successful implementation of the mobile app platform delivers on key objectives set out in the Bank’s 3 year Strategic Plan and positions the business well to continue delivering further digital advancement and innovation in the future.
To date, feedback has been positive from the market, having launched the app one week ago.
Along with all the existing functionality our customers have come to expect, new features include:
- Biometric Login (i.e. Fingerprint or Facial Recognition), providing the registered device has biometric capability and the feature is switch on in device settings;
- Transaction History Search – ability to show the Top 30 Transactions meeting specific search criteria including, date, amount, keywords and transaction type (i.e. debit/credit);
- Device Management Control – ability to de-register old or lost mobile devices with the mobile app, further protecting the customer’s banking from fraud;
- new Client Entity treatment, where clients who are associated to multiple client numbers (entities) can view all their entities on the one Accounts screen; and
- a new customer-centric look and feel.
Damian Hearne, Auswide Bank’s Chief Customer Officer says, “Our new mobile app is more than a standard update. The initiative demonstrates Auswide Bank’s commitment to customers and enhancing the customer experience, which is extremely important, given that over 70% of funds transfers at Auswide Bank are being performed either via Internet Banking or Mobile.”
Dom Monty, Sandstone Technology’s GM of Digital Banking commented, “Sandstone was thrilled with the opportunity to partner with Auswide Bank to upgrade their mobile app platform. Using a fast paced and agile approach together we have delivered a mobile app which will significantly improve the customer experience. Auswide Bank is among our first customers to use out latest native SDK (Software Development Kit) which allows Financial Institutions to provide truly unique and customised experiences while retaining the out-of-the-box product advantages.”
“With a continued focus on delivering a truly rich and meaningful customer experience across both traditional and digital channels, now and in the future, I’m very excited for our customers” stated Damian Hearne.